Yahoo! Maps Updated With New Data and Functionality!
- Posted March 5th, 2008 at 10:18 pm by Yahoo! Search
- Categories: Local
We’ve been working hard all winter long, and today, we’ve rolled out an update to Yahoo! Maps that delivers a number of improvements including; new neighborhood data,expanded worldwide coverage, and stylistic improvements.
Some of the improvements you might notice as you test-drive our updated Yahoo! Maps include:
- New Neighborhood Data at lower zoom levels with:
- > 300 cities with new neighborhood data added throughout North America, from Palo Alto, to Chicago, to Toronto, etc.
- > 12,000 new neighborhoods added, from “Lower East Side” (New York, Milwaukee, Bridgeport) to “Lower Collegetown” (Ithaca)
- Expanded Worldwide Coverage with much improved coverage, especially throughout Eastern Europe
- New POI information – highlighting Schools, Rest areas, Ski Resorts, etc.
Additional shaded relief levels worldwide
- City label density increased for better usability
- Style improvements such as Hybrid Road and Label colors adjusted for better legibility
- Lighter map tiles âÃÃ¬ with an average of 30-60% reduction in size
Stay tuned for continued updates and improvements throughout 2008. Check it out and let us know what you think!
Gus Maldonado – Sr. Product Manager, Yahoo! Geo/Maps
- 1 Comment