Search Terms Reflect Spring is in the Air
- Posted April 12th, 2010 at 6:00 am by Yahoo! Search
- Categories: Search Trends
With Spring weather warming up, people are heading to Yahoo! Search to get ideas for outdoor activities. From “chicken coops” to “lawn care tips,” search data indicates that there is a high interest in home repairs and getting in touch with nature. Here are some spring fever searches on Yahoo! this week:
- Searchers are asking, “When do hummingbirds return?”
- Searches for “chicken coops” on Yahoo! are up 711% and 56% of those users are women
- When it comes to plants, “strawberries,” “ potatoes,” “ flowers” and “tomatoes” are the most popular on Yahoo!
- “Square foot gardening” searches are up 298% and “container gardening” searches are up 32%, while searches for “raised bed gardening “ on Yahoo! are off the charts
- Searchers are asking, “How are baby carrots made?”
- “Lawn care tips” are up 105% and searches for “lawn mowers” are also up 302%
- “How to build a deck” and “sleeping bags” have spiked this week
Whether you’re planting a garden or camping, Spring is a time of renewed energy and excitement, especially for all things outdoors! What will you be doing this Spring?
Yahoo! Search Team
- 4 Comments