And the Winner Is…
- Posted October 14th, 2008 at 12:00 pm by Yahoo! Search
- Categories: BOSS
Last week, the finalists of the BOSS Mashable Challenge were announced and readers had a chance to vote for their favorites. Mashable has now announced the lucky winners. But first, here’s a reminder of the finalists:
- TuneChimp – Music search
- socialmention – People/social networking search
- CopyrightSpot – Original content search
- KallOut – Selection-based search
- PopGist - Discussion/topic aggregation
- Surf Canyon – Real-time results re-ranking
- Tall Street – Web search using community voting
- iMusicMash – Social music app for iPhone
Our favorite aspect of the Challenge was seeing such a wide variety of mashups. Developers submitted apps built on a bunch of platforms – OS, browser, web and iPhone. And while a lot of the mashups focused on tweaking the current web search paradigm, many were highly specialized (such as CopyrightSpot) or vertically focused (e.g. PlayerSearch). A handful of apps even focused on new ranking algorithms (e.g. Surf Canyon).
After 5 days of voting and thousands of votes, the community has spoken. We’re happy to announce that KallOut is the first prize winner and socialmention takes the runner-up prize. Mashable will be profiling KallOut and its developer soon, so keep your eyes peeled for a post.
We’d like to thank Mashable and all the developers who participated in the challenge. Congratulations to KallOut and socialmention!
The BOSS Team
- 1 Comment