Get Going with Upcoming
- Posted April 19th, 2007 at 9:36 am by Yahoo! Search
- Categories: News/Announcements
Today we’d like to announce the next progression of Upcoming.org, Upcoming.yahoo.com.
Yep, it’s official, we have moved into our new home inside Yahoo!, so from this point forward you’ll be able to login to your account with your Yahoo! ID. For you Upcoming old-schoolers, please don’t fret, all of your friends and settings are saved.
We also used this transition as an opportunity to implement several new ideas and enhancements that Upcoming users have shared with us over the last few months:
- Our redesigned home page highlights popular local events and surfaces the community’s picks for the best happenings in your backyard each day. It also shows your friends’ events and recommends conferences, meetings, parties, and such, just for you.
- The homepage, event pages and venue pages feature event photos from Flickr — so you can see what happened and who showed up, or share your own photos for the world to see.
- You demanded better support for locations around the world, so we’ve delivered that. It’s powered by the same geographical database used by Flickr and Yahoo! Search Marketing. It supports local neighborhoods, too.
- We’ve added more events from our growing community of musicians, artists, freaks, and geeks, combined with the depth of Yahoo! Local’s events coverage.
We haven’t forgotten about our amazing users, the community that makes Upcoming great. Not only will you get an old school badge to represent you on Upcoming, but we’re throwing in a t-shirt, too. For old school users, we’re giving away hundreds of tees to celebrate our new home, so tell us your size and we’ll get one off to you (while supplies last).
The Upcoming Team
- 2 Comments